1. Free Dormitory Accomodation for all Delegates who opts for it during registration. For others who wishes to go for paid accomodation, please contact our authorised travel partner Trips & Tours (Manager - VU2EGG) on +91 801 777 9999. Details Given alongside =====>>>
2. Toll Free Helpline number 1800-120-6191 provided for HAMFEST INDIA 2017 on 17.07.2017.
3. Call for Papers notice published on 30.06.2017
4. Call for Articles for Souvenir published on 01.07.2017
6. Committees for HFI2017 Published. CLICK HERE for more details.
7. Railways Concession Details will be made available soon.
8. Postal Department to publish a HFI2017 First Day Cover and Stamp to mark theocassion.
Science City Convention Center
(National Council of Science Museums, Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Mini Auditorium, Seminar Halls and Food Court.
J. B. S. Haldane Avenue, Kolkata 700046.
For Paid Hotel Hotel Bookings and Paid Local Tours.
Regd. Office: Shop No. 8 & 13, Mezzanine Floor, Esplanade Metro Rail Station, Kolkata - 700069, West Bengal.
Telephone: 033-460-11099; 0-801-777-9999
Manager: Shri Subrata Nayak - VU2EGG
Working Hours: 10:00 hrs - 18:00 hrs, Mon - Sat.
The Amateur Radio Convention and Conference Samity (ARCCS) - VU2GIN,presents the HAMFEST INDIA 2017 in Kolkata.
Kolkata is the City of Joy..... And also the birthplace of Amateur Radio. Shri Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose, the father of wireless communication, discovered and exhibited the existence of electromagnetic waves in the year 1894 in the Town Hall of Kolkata, in the presence of Lieutenant Governor Sir William Mackenzie. Lieutenant Governor Sir William Mackenzie watched and documented the demonstration by Shri Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose. This event was three years before the famous wireless experiment of Marconi in the year 1897. Also mentionable is the fact the first two amateur radio operators in India were from Kolkata. Shri Amarendra Chandra Gooptu (callsign 2JK) and Shri Mukul Bose (2HQ) got their amateur radio operator’s licence in 1921 and the first two-way ham radio communication in the country was done in Kolkata. (In 1929 the VU prefix came into effect in India). So Kolkata holds a special place in the history of Amateur Radio.
20 years have passed since the last HAMFEST that was held in Kolkata in 1996. This year we will try to give you our best so that you can remember it as the best HAMFEST ever.
The basic facilities offered by us this year:
• Railway Concession for Registered Delegates. Please contact respective State Head Quarters of Bharat Scouts & Guides.
• Free pick up / drop off from or to Rail Station / Airport.
• Free Dormitory Accommodation to first 250 outstation HAM registrations. Now increased to all delegates opting for free dormitory accomodation.
• Subsidised Accommodation to post 250 registrations.
• Free Breakfast / Lunch / Tea / Dinner (Excluding Networking Dinner).
• Free entry into Science City at HAMFEST off hours.
• Free sightseeing tour.
• Personalised T-Shirts / Caps / Badges.
• VHF base station, HF base station and VHF hand helds as prizes for various competitions.
• Free Stalls to Home Brewers and Club Stations.
Our aim is to involve and engage all hams of India, from the very begining till the end. Hence, we have started with the HAMFEST INDIA 2017 Logo competition and many many more engadgements will follow. So please come back to this website regularly.